King, Prior, MacDonald Bridge is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. If we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when instructing us to represent you, then it is confirmed that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
King, Prior, MacDonald Bridge may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018
Links to other websites
Our website may in future contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over such other websites or their privacy policies. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites as such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and date of birth
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode
- other information relevant to customer care
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- For compliance purposes associated with our regulatory bodies
- To improve our services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new services, our own other areas of expertise or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you provide
- From time to time, we may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise our website according to your interests
- Using your data to carry out whatever services you engage us to do on your behalf
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information you supply to us.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- You may at any time indicate in writing that you do not want your information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you ever do agree to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us
- We will in any event not currently sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. We do not use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties. If that policy changes we will only do so in your case if you sign to opt in to such a service.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you require a copy of the information held on you please write to 183 Parrock Street, Gravesend, Kent, DA12 1EN
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will correct any information found to be incorrect.
Retention and Destruction of Data
Whenever you instruct us to represent you, your data will be retained for the length of time recommended for that type of case by the Law Society and/or The Solicitors Regulation Authority. Thereafter those records and data will be securely destroyed.
Please Note: The contents of this website are for information only and do not constitute legal advice to be relied upon. Professional advice should always be sought for specific issues